Buscar

miércoles, 23 de enero de 2013

Brown Is Beautiful Indiegogo Campaign

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
                                                          

Who I Am!

My name is Olmeca and I’m an artist and activist from Los Angeles. I’ve been making music ever since I was a little one. My dad would take me to his rehearsals while playing in cumbia bands in Mexico and the U.S. English is my second language. Hip-hop enriched my vocabulary and cultural experiences in the U.S. I’m in love with hip-hop and the betterment of my community. My music marries the two; I have made it my life commitment to share creative expression to communicate through words, heart, mind, body, and soul.

The Campaign

Why is the title, “Brown is Beautiful?” As we know, the migrant community has been the center of attack by many. This album celebrates not only the resistance against those attacks, but the people, the culture, and the spirit of determination. It celebrates the firm stance we’ve taken to exist and take our place in the world. Latino America or Abya Yala is rich in history, culture, and diversity. This album represents that spirit and is manifested through the music.
Brown Is Beautiful Album is my 3rd full length independent release. After conversations with record companies, I decided to continue my path as an independent artist. By doing so, I keep my freedom of expression without creative constraints nor message censorship. Too much in the world is happening for us to stay quite! This is beyond politics. It's about the human spirit and dignity! Cuidao'


You Are Extremely Important!

By contributing to this campaign, you become part of a growing effort to push conscious music. Through it, we are buidling a movement that engages communities in dialogue and build networks that strengthen their efforts. Beyond the album, we are hoping to build a nation wide campaign addressing issues of migration, culture, and identity.

You can support in the following link:  Indigogo

Con Safos!!!

La Pocha Catalana.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario